DC Board of Funeral Directors
The D.C. Board of Funeral Directors regulates license funeral directors and funeral home establishments. The Board’s mission is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens in the District of Columbia by upholding the District of Columbia Funeral Directors laws and regulations. The Funeral Directors license law is defined in the Municipal Funeral Directors Regulations.
The Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor. Four members must each hold a funeral director license and have practiced for a minimum of three years. One member must be a non-licensed funeral director representing consumers. Three members of the Board constitute a quorum.
The Board meets on the first Thursday of each month at 1:00 p.m. Due to the public health emergency, all board meetings are currently being held virtually via WebEx platform.
Board meeting minutes are available at www.open-dc.gov.
- DCMR Title 17-Chapter 30-Funeral Directors
- DCMR Title 17-Chapter 31-Funeral Services Establishments
- DCMR Title 17-Chapter 33-Funeral Directors, Veterinarians, Interior Designers, and Real Estate Appraisers
- DC Code Title 3-Chapter4-Funeral Directors
- DC Code Title 5-Chapter 14-Chief Medical Examiner
- DC Code Title 7-Chapter 2-Vital Records
- DC Code Title 43-Chapter1-Cemetery Associations; Regulatory Provisions
- DCMR Title 18-Chapter 22-Title 18-Funeral Processions…
- Funeral Director Law Reference List
- Guidance for Funerals, Memorials, Vigils, and Funeral Homes
Thursday January 5, 2023
Thursday February 2, 2023
Thursday March 2, 2023
Thursday April 6, 2023
Thursday May 4, 2023
Thursday June 1, 2023
Thursday July 6, 2023
August – Recess
Thursday September 7, 2023
Thursday October 5, 2023
Thursday November 2, 2023
Thursday December 7, 2023
John McGuire – Chair, Funeral Director
Asanti Williams – Funeral Director
Duane Hills – Funeral Director
Randolph Horton – Funeral Director
Ernest Boykin – Consumer Member
To apply for a vacancy, please visit the Mayor’s Office of Talent and Appointments for more information and an application.
Andrew L. Jackson, III – Board Administrator
Nicole McClendon – Program Coordinator
Kevin Cyrus – Education Coordinator
For more information, please contact DLCP’s Occupational and Professional Licensing using our online inquiry form, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (202) 442-4320.
DC Board of Funeral Directors Meeting
Date and time:
Thursday, May 4, 2023 1:00 pm | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
2302 500 7445
4FrnWycad65 (43769922 from phones)
Join by phone
+1-202-860-2110 United States Toll (Washington D.C.)
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 230 250 07445