- Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sep 06,2022
- 0 comments
On September 2, 2022, Director Allen issued an advisory opinion addressing an Open Meetings Act complaint against the Mayor’s Healthcare Workforce Task Force (“HWTF”).
The Director found that HWTF is a public body subject to the OMA and that it violated provisions of the OMA regarding meeting notices.
- The Department of Health should correct the “What’s New” section of its website (where HWTF’s meeting information is located) to include agendas.
- Agendas must include the required statement “This meeting is governed by the Open Meetings Act. Please address any questions or complaints arising under this meeting to the Office of Open Government at email@example.com.”
- The Director also recommends that the Department of Health have its Administrative Point of Contact for health-related public bodies attend a refresher-course on the OMA
*The attachments for the advisory opinion can be found and downloaded by clicking this link here.* The advisory opinion itself can be downloaded below.
- Final redacted AO (192.92 KB)